~!~ Welcome To "Freedom Of Thoughts" ~!~

Hi, My name is Puneet Swarnkar. I am a Software Engineer by profession. This blog has been created by me. If you want to get in touch with me w.r.t any of the post, mail me at puneetswarnkar@gmail.com or leave the comments against the post.

Have a pleasurable reading. :)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

<< A Call To NGOs For Cause Of Humanity >>

<<<< A Call To NGOs for Cause Of Humanity >>>>

Disclaimer: Below thoughts are purely mine and have not been taken from a site or any other source. I am not writing this article to criticize anyone or any organization but to bring the common problems, existing in our day to day life in front.

11th May, 2010

Around 8:45 PM our cab was passing through the route that connects Raj Ghat to Kashmere Gate. As soon as we touched the area around ISBT, I could see a number of homeless people on the divider of the road. At the first instance, it seemed that they were sleeping, but as we move forward; the entire scene got cleared. My eyes caught a person, who was injecting drug into another person, with a syringe. Drugs are taken by these people generally to kill their hunger and to get rid of all the day to day basic problems. Once the drug goes inside, they are not aware what is happening around them and they live in their own addiction world.

By taking drugs, they are facing problems such as:

1. They are getting drug addicted day by day.
2. The use of disinfected and unhygiene syringes increases the risk of blood transmission diseases such as  HIV.

I would like to appeal NGOs in New Delhi, who are involved in taking care of such people to help them. These people need shelter, food and a proper drug rehabilitation program to help them live a normal life again. These people are a part of our society and we cannot neglect them.

As I am not in contact with any such NGO directly, so making a public appeal. If you have queries, please leave a message on my blog.


~!~ 

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody,
I think that is a much greater hunger,
a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat. 

Mother Teresa 
~!~

No comments: